I’m pretty excited to receive this award for two reasons. The first is that I’ve been honored by John Brito, the author of one my favorite blogs. His work is beautiful, thought-provoking, and inspiring, and if you’re not already following him, you should check out his work immediately. His director’s sketchbook is a masterpiece.
The second is, obviously, that the award has something to do with excellence and dragons. I haven’t worked out the connection, but I’m for it, whatever it is. So thank you, John, for honoring me with a nomination. The Dragon´s Loyalty Award is presented to blogs with exceptional content and in order to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, you must:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write seven interesting things about you.
One and two are covered above, so now it’s on to numbers three through five. Because I like to break the rules of awards (for a while I had good reason to, but now it just seems to be a matter of principle), I’m going to name seven blogs, rather than fifteen, to match my seven interesting facts. Here are seven blogs that have exceptional content:
- The Asifoscope
- Medieval Books
- Wisdom From Lord of the Rings
- MJ Wright’s Blog
- Diotima’s Ladder
- Letters From the Edge of Elfland
- A Pilgrim in Narnia
And now for seven interesting facts about me:
- I have a thing for New Orleans Jazz. My favorite band is Tuba Skinny, and I’ve traveled to see them.
- I’m an okay singer and love choral music. I don’t have the chops for solos, but I secretly think I would excel at voicing a singing puppet.
- My feet are small, and I often buy children’s shoes. They’re cheaper and they fit better.
- I’ve sold a painting. Just the one, though.
- I find getting manicures stressful, and prefer to paint my own nails.
- My Christmas tree is still up, and I like it that way.
- Growing up, I didn’t have cable. I watched a lot of PBS.
There you have it. I’m not sure how interesting these facts are, but the point here is really to send you off to other wonderful blogs, so focus on the nominees. They’re all exceptional, and completely worthy of an award that comes with a dragon’s loyalty.
Are dragons particularly known for their loyalty? Let’s just say they are to keep this complimentary. And if nothing else, dragons are awe-inspiring and magnificent – just like the blogs listed above.