As I mentioned in my last post, my New Year’s resolution this year is to be sincere and authentic. I’ve got some resolutions for this blog as well:
1) To create a series on what great philosophers have to say on the art of story telling. I’ve name dropped rather a lot, and so I thought it might be nice to tackle Arendt, Benjamin, et al directly in a series of related posts. I’ve got some fun stuff planned out!
2) To keep up the momentum I have going. I’ve been posting about three times a week. I think that’s a pretty good flow, and I’d love to see it continue.
3) Try to generate a bit more content on my own. I’m so inspired by what other blogs and news outlets generate that I tend to read them, and then rush over here and spew everything they make me think. I’ll still do that, but it might be nice to let my soliloquy be a little more internal every once in a while.
4) Post more of my work in fiction. I’ve put up a few poems, but I think it’s time I tried out a short story or two. Scary stuff!
5) Try to figure out how to get my writing out into the world. I’ve got this blog, I’m entering contests, submitting to conferences, and I’ll see what else I can think of to do.
So happy new year! May 2014 be a healthy, happy, and productive year!